Apply for an ASEV Traditional Scholarship
March 1 Deadline
Read all of the directions below carefully and submit the completed application before the March 1 deadline. You must have a information and documents available at the time you complete the online application. You will not be able to partially complete the application and then go back to finish. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Applications will be considered complete with receipt of the following items by the March 1 deadline. No exceptions will be made.
- Student Member dues must be paid in full before the March 1 scholarship application deadline.
- The completed student questionnaire.
- A written statement of intent as it relates to a future career in the wine or grape industry. Identify your interests in the wine or grape industry or in related research. Elaborate on how you became interested in and what efforts you have made to become familiar with the industry and/or research. Include details regarding your intent to work in the field of viticulture or enology extension if you wish to be considered for the James Wolpert Scholarship Award. Please limit this statement to one page.
- If you wish to be considered for the James Wolpert Scholarship Award, include details in your statement of intent regarding your intent to work in the field of viticulture or enology extension. Please limit this statement to one page. Also include a professional CV with the application.
- Transcripts of ALL college or university courses you have completed to date. Student access versions are not acceptable.
- A list of planned courses for the upcoming academic year, unless you are a graduate student who has completed the required classes for your program.
- Your letter of acceptance from the academic institution if you are beginning a new degree program.
- Two current letters of recommendation, written for this application period and directed to the ASEV Scholarship Committee. At least one letter should be from an academic advisor and/or a recent instructor (within the last year of your college or university education). Please be certain that you meet our overall GPA requirements before you request a letter of recommendation.
Please contact us with any questions.