Chief Executive Officer
Closing Date: 02/19/2024
• Build value for NZ wine sector through research, innovation,
• Growth and leadership of a world-class Research Institute
About the Organization:
Bragato Research Institute (BRI) drives New Zealand’s grape and
wine research, innovation, and knowledge transfer, ensuring New
Zealand remains renowned as a world class industry leader. BRI is
wholly owned by New Zealand Winegrowers Inc, the national
organization for the grape and wine sector with over 1,400 winery
and grower members.
BRI provides winegrowers with new innovations, knowledge, and tools to protect and enhance the quality and distinctiveness of New Zealand wine, the sustainability of our winegrowing, and the productivity and profitability of their businesses.
BRI has a significant pipeline of R&D underway and in development. The next phase of BRI’s evolution is to grow, through securing new partnerships, research investment and commercial revenue, to deliver additional impact to industry.
About the Role:
BRI is now seeking an innovative thinking, business skilled Chief
Executive Officer to lead the organization through the next phase
of its evolution, including:
• securing ongoing research investment from key stakeholders;
• building its reputation in the wine industry and scientific community globally for delivering impactful research outcomes that benefit the NZ wine industry;
• applying a commercial lens to projects with a view to realising IP opportunities; and
• building a high impact team.
Success will require an experienced business leader, preferably with a background in science and innovation, who has the ability to lead innovative research investment and commercialization by building relationships, inspiring staff, and working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders in industry and government.
To apply in strict confidence now, email your cover letter and CV
to email@example.com quoting
A008669sk. Applications close on 19 February 2024. Emails will be
electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by
To view the Candidate Briefing document, please visit www.sheffield.co.nz
For more information please phone Tash Wilson on +64 21 448 648 or Ian Taylor on +64 27 487 7424.