Postdoc Scholar in Wine Chemistry
Oregon State University
August 04, 2019
Oregon State University
Department of Food Science & Technology
100 Wiegand Hall
Corvallis, OR 97331
Full-time 12-month Postdoctoral Scholar position located in the
Department of Food Science and Technology, Oregon State
University (OSU), Corvallis, Oregon. The position is funded by
research grants and other funds and work will be done under the
mentorship of the primary project’s principal investigators. The
position is renewable annually on a fiscal year basis for up to
three years, so long as the funding agency maintains support of
the project (annual renewal for a three year project) and the
postdoctoral scholar is within five years from receipt of the
doctoral degree. The reappointment is at the discretion of the
Principal Investigator and the OSU Office of Postdoctoral
Stipend and benefits conform with postdoctoral scholar standards at OSU. More information about postdoctoral scholar appointments at OSU can be found at http://gradschool.oregonstate.edu/postdocs.
One of the selected interns will focus on assisting the lab. This person will process vineyard samples for juice analysis, check brix and temp daily, pull samples for analysis, prepare yeast inoculations and additions.
- Work on projects related to smoke impacts of wine, specific tasks include NMR identification of compounds. HS-SPME-GCMS, HPLC, wet chemistry, winemaking and vineyard field work.
- Prepare research manuscripts for peer-reviewed journal publications and assist in preparation of grant proposals for attracting extramural funds;
- Assist in the training of graduate and undergraduate students in research methods, instrument applications, and testing procedures.
- Previous research experience in wine chemistry
- Hands-on experience in operating analytical instruments (GCMS, HPLC, NMR etc)
Preferred date is September 16, 2019, flexible from September-December 2019
For full consideration, apply by August 4, 2019. Applicants must
send: (1) a letter of application to describe academic
experience, qualification and interest in the position; (2)
curriculum vitae; (3) undergraduate and graduate transcripts; (4)
names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of three
professional references; and (5) reprints/preprints of
Application materials should be sent to: Dr. Elizabeth Tomasino at email@example.com; Oregon State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.