- Our postal address is: P.O. Box 1855, Davis, CA 95617-1855 USA
- We can be reached via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can reach us by telephone at (530) 753-3142
User privacy is of utmost concern to ASEV, and as such, the following policies governing your usage of this website:
What Information Does ASEV Collect?
Most data ASEV collects are used only to help us better serve our members. It is our general policy to collect and store only personal information that our members and visitors knowingly provide.
Information Collected from General Users:
ASEV does not collect any personal information from Users browsing its website. Only aggregate data — such as the number of hits per page — are collected. Aggregate data are only used for internal and marketing purposes and do not provide any personally identifying information.
General Contact Form:
http://www.asev.org/ has a function that allows you to provide inquiries and feedback to ASEV by e-mail. You can locate this form by clicking on the menu bar labeled “Contact,” or by click here. This form requests address, phone, and e-mail information and includes a segment for your questions and comments. This information will be utilized by ASEV employees, members, officers, and directors to the extent necessary to respond to your inquiry. ASEV is authorized to provide the information collected by the General Contact Form to any party, as necessary to assist with your inquiry. The choice of how much personal information you choose to disclose on the General Contact Form to is left completely up to you.
Demographic or Personal Preference Questions:
ASEV may, from time to time, ask demographic or personal preference questions. This data may be used for analyzing overall Website demographics, User preferences, and to further develop our member services. We may disclose this data to third parties, including service providers, for services to our members and other users.
The conference Directory of Registrants for ASEV events is offered for sale. If you choose to register for any ASEV hosted conference, your information will be added to the ASEV registration database and ultimately the conference Directory of Registrants. This is a condition of registering for an ASEV conference.
Use of Session and IP addresses:
We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website. Our website uses Session to keep track of various functions within the website.
- In telecommunication, a “Session” is a series of interactions between two communication end points that occur during the span of a single connection. Typically, one end point requests a connection with another specified end point and if that end point replies agreeing to the connection, the end points take turns exchanging commands and data (“talking to each other”). The Session begins when the connection is established at both ends and terminates when the connection is ended.
- A unique number called an IP address identifies every computer on the Internet. Each time you connect to the Internet your machine is assigned an IP address. An IP address is a number that identifies each sender or receiver of information that is sent in packets across the Internet.
Credit Card Account Information
ASEV does not disclose credit card account information provided by its members and customers. When members and customers choose to pay using their credit cards, ASEV submits the information needed to obtain payment to the appropriate clearinghouse. See below for information about credit card information obtained by AJEV and the Catalyst.
What Privacy Issues Arise with Links to Other websites?
This website contains links to other websites. ASEV has no control over and is not responsible for the privacy policies or content of such websites. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to this website, you do this entirely at your own risk. You may create links to this website from other websites, but only in accordance with the terms of ASEV’s Web Link & Logo License Agreement. ASEV has a Linking Policy. Please visit ASEV’s Web Link & Logo License Agreement to read more.
What Privacy Issues Arise with Links to www.AJEVonline.org and ASEVCatalyst.org?
What Means of Redress Are Available?