Tobin James Cellars
Paso Robles, California
January 31, 2021
8950 Union Rd
Paso Robles CA 93446
80,000 to 100,000 case, well established Central Coast Winery producing 40 different bottlings of 22 plus varietals seeking an experienced winemaker. Applicant must have practicing knowledge and skills of winemaking. The position will work closely with present winemaker to gain understanding of current wine style and winery practices and eventually take over operations. Emphasis placed on the current wine style.
- Work closely with growers
- Implement and negotiate grower contracts
- Vineyard visits all year to monitor fruit
- Organize freight for harvest
- Oversee crush
- Manage winemaking as crush is being received
- Knowledge of EURO Bladder Press Model 6000 & 3000
- Manage all cellars procedures
- Topping, racking transfers, and blending
- Direct all additions and chemical analysis on wines
- Forklift Certified
- Barrel purchasing and barrel protocol
- Coordinate and execute in house bottling
- Knowledge of GAI Bottling Line
- Knowledge of Crossflow Filter System
- Trial Blends and Final Blending with owners
- Blend and bottle 22+ varietals, 40+ different bottlings
- Coordinate and order bottling supplies
- Schedule staff to bottle
Office & Lab:
- Knowledge of Winemaker database software
- Keep accurate record
- Provide information for TTB702 & COLA
Wet chemistry skills
- Oversee maintenance of all winery equipment & systems
- Basic knowledge & abilities of repairs
- Knowledge of FOSS Analytical Wine Scan
- 5 plus years’ experience in winemaking, strong analytical skills, an enology degree (or similar) a must.
- Strong communication skills.
- Organization and planning.
- Work independently, and efficient time management.
- Give direction and manage cellar crew.
- Experienced in bottling.
- Experienced in Crush.
- Constant continued education with viticulture and winemaking processes.
Please apply via email email@example.com