Stoller Wine Group
16161 NE McDougall Road
Dayton, OR 97114
The position will assist the viticulture department in the growth and execution of a dynamic viticulture program 450+ acres of ultra-premium, cool climate wine grapes. Supporting the viticulturist and production team, this individual will assist to ensure the Stoller Wine Group vineyards and our numerous wine grape suppliers achieve and maintain the ideal quality expected from each region and vintage.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Pest and disease management scouting
• Crop estimation: counting, weighing and data input
• Key Phenology date inputs/scouting
• Assist in new development acreage – plant/trellis counts, layout, irrigation, planting replants
• Advise and check crews at new plantings to ensure blocks are being planted correctly
• Irrigation – follow weekly irrigation schedules and make small repairs as they arise. Large irrigation breaks need to be communicated immediately to supervisor.
• Pressure bomb and porometer data collection and data entry
• Assist in data collection with research projects
• Collect tissue and soil tests throughout all vineyards
• Harvest: Daily collection of maturity samples, flagging of each block, support harvest team when necessary
• Special projects and other responsibilities as assigned by vineyard management team
• Input accurate data into Microsoft excel for analysis
• Follow protocols and collect research data
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; able to
read and write in English.
• Some Spanish language communication skills preferred.
• Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds at a time.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
• Must be willing to travel by vehicle, alone for long distances early mornings.
• Must be able to safely operate an ATV on terrain for long hours.
• Must be able to walk in both indoor and outdoor production environments, walk up and downhill on steep and uneven terrain. Extended walking, bending and squatting required in order to obtain field samples.
• Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time in 2-hour intervals.
• Required to work extended hours in various climatic conditions/inclement weather.
• Willing to work weekends and holidays. Must be flexible to work long hours and many days during the harvest season.
• Must have a sense of humor and the ability to be a team player
Candidates must submit their cv/resume to DJ@StollerFamilyEstate.com