Vineyard Operations Assistant
June 15, 2021
10525 SW Highway 99W
McMinnville, OR 97128
Results Partners is looking for a professional and motivated Vineyard Operations Assistant to play a key role in our company. We are a forward-thinking, quality-driven, fast-paced, and growth-oriented company. Our main office is located in McMinnville, Oregon and we manage vineyards throughout the Willamette Valley, Rogue Valley, and Columbia Valley. This position will report to the Vineyard Manager and will perform all aspects of day-to-day farming activities.
The successful candidate will be extremely involved with both equipment and labor. They will be the kind of person who pays attention to the details, is highly organized, enjoys cleanliness, loves agriculture, understands the growing season and its demands, understands business, and ultimately someone that will get out of the truck and do whatever it takes to see its employees and vineyards succeed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with Operations Managers in the training and development
of labor supervisors and tractor operators
• Ensure crew safety and compliance with all laws and company policies.
• Move equipment from site to site and ensure proper setup and use.
• Perform routine equipment service as needed and communicate with the Service Manager.
• Distribute and implement fungicide programs with the use of spray work orders and delivery of materials in a timely and efficient manner.
• Maintain accurate, complete, and up-to-date spray records.
• Assist with the maintenance, repair, and calibration of all equipment used in the field.
• Work with the operations team to schedule and supervise all vineyard floor operations, including mowing, cultivation and seeding.
• Oversee use of equipment, including all tractors, implements, trucks, ATVs, etc.
• Maintain vineyard cleanliness, including the shop and grounds surrounding the vineyard.
• Complete daily timecard entries for some members of the team using the AgCode software program.
• General disease and pest monitoring
• Assist in phenology recording, tissue sampling, disease sampling/scouting and crop estimating as needed.
• Must have a positive attitude, a strong work ethic, exceptional
communication skills and be willing to be a team player.
• Prior working experience with general equipment used within vineyards (tractors, cultivation tools, fungicide and herbicide applicators, etc.) is preferred.
• Prior working experience with vineyard crews and a general understanding of work task timeframes during the season and the intricacies of labor needs is a plus.
• Ability to speak and write in both English and Spanish.
• Will be required to work long hours, starting in the early morning.
• Ability to acquire a Commercial Applicator License.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
Candidates must submit their cv/resume to Leigh@resultspartners.com