Apply for the ASEV Presidents’ Award for Scholarship in Enology and Viticulture
Deadline is March 1 each year
Download an application for the ASEV Presidents’ Award for Scholarship in Enology and Viticulture.
If you are interested in applying for the ASEV Traditional Scholarship program, click here. Applicants that are not selected for the ASEV Presidents’ Award for Scholarship, will be automatically considered for the ASEV Traditional Scholarship.
After downloading the application packet, read all of the directions carefully, and return the completed application before the March 1 deadline. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Applications will be considered complete with receipt of the following items by the March 1 deadline. No exceptions will be made.
- Student Member dues must be paid in full before the March 1 scholarship application deadline.
- Completed and signed ASEV Presidents’ Award Student Questionnaire.
- A written statement of intent (no more than two pages) as it relates to a future career in the wine or grape industry. Identify your interests in the wine or grape industry or in related research. Elaborate on how you became interested in and what efforts you have made to become familiar with the industry and/or research. Show that you possess leadership qualities and provide outcomes in your community. Provide evidence of a significant talent and motivation. Tell us about your involvement with the wine and grape industry and community.
- A nomination by an ASEV Professional Member. This nomination must include a brief explanation as to why the applicant is deserving of this award. The nomination must be emailed directly from the person who is submitting the nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Two current letters of recommendation, written specifically for the ASEV Scholarship Committee. Each letter must be signed and submitted in a sealed, return envelope with the writer’s signature across the sealed envelope flap or alternatively emailed directly from the person who signed and wrote the letter to email@example.com.
- Provide a list of publications as applicable.
- Official transcripts or copies of official transcripts of ALL college or university courses you have completed to date. Student access versions are not acceptable.
- A list of planned courses for the upcoming academic year, unless you are a graduate student who has completed the required classes for your program.
- Your letter of acceptance from the academic institution if you are beginning a new degree program.
Direct inquiries to the ASEV Scholarship Committee, PO Box 1855, Davis CA 95617-1855 or contact us with any questions.