Viticulturist / PCA
Vina Quest LLC
Paso Robles, CA
Open Until Filled
Vina Quest LLC, a consulting company based in Paso Robles, CA, works with vineyards throughout California, in providing comprehensive services and solutions to the wine and agribusiness industries.
Competitive compensation and benefits package to qualified candidates.
Job Duties: (include but are not limited to the following)
• Assist in developing effective pest and disease control
programs in compliance with organic, sustainable, and biodynamic
• Monitor vineyard blocks for pests, disease, soil moisture, and grape maturity levels.
• Track all pesticide applications, with regular reporting to government agencies and grower clients/wineries.
• Familiarity with Sustainability in Practice (SIP)™ Certification.
• Publish reports on various activities such as canopy management, weed control, disease and pest control and regulatory compliance.
• Implement, monitor, and maintain records of vineyard operations (irrigation, pest treatment, pruning/canopy management, harvest, etc.).
• Oversee vineyard data collection and viticulture database.
• Scout vineyards on a regular basis.
• Implement equipment calibration protocols.
• Attend weekly meetings.
• Assist with budget development.
• Ability to identify common vineyard pests and diseases.
• Working knowledge of irrigation scheduling.
• Strong soil science and plant nutrition comprehension.
• Must be well organized with attention to detail.
• Proactive problem-solving skills, with ability to work independently.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, and in troubleshooting basic computer issues.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule with additional hours
during peak season, including weekends and holidays.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 55 lbs.
• Ability to hike/walk in uneven, steep terrain in varying weather conditions.
• Minimum of five (5) years of vineyard experience.
• BS in Viticulture or similar field at minimum, MS a plus.
• Agronomic experience preferred.
• PCA license.
• CCA license or ability to acquire within 1 year of employment.
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
• Clean driving record.
Submit resume/CV to: Kim Rodrigues, firstname.lastname@example.org