December 31, 2020
49762 Hamilton Road
Clarksburg, CA 95612
Bogle Vineyards and Winery is located in Clarksburg, California, and is run by the sixth generation of Bogles to live and work in the Sacramento Delta region. Bogle was honored as Wine Enthusiast’s 2019 American Winery of the Year and was presented with the Green Medal Leader Award in 2018 for its sustainability efforts in the winery and vineyards.
Under the direction of the Vineyard Director, the Vineyard Manager is a hands-on role that is responsible for labor operations, performance, health and appearance of our vineyards.
In season crop, fertilize, pest and disease management
• Ensures the day to day vineyard operations are completed safely and efficiently within production and quality goals.
• Assign, coordinate and supervise activities of multiple labor crews, crew leaders, equipment operators, irrigators and other related personnel.
• Assists in the hiring of vineyard workers
• Work with management team including Vineyard Director and PCA to ensure fruit quality and production goals are achieved.
• Management of workplace training and performance
• Implementation of safety and compliance programs
• Ensure the company complies with all applicable government regulations, including the EPA, county and State government agencies.
• Ensures all vineyard activities are performed in a manner compliant with state, federal, local, company and CA Rules Sustainable Program.
• Works with Vineyard Director to develop and implement pest control, irrigation, and fertilizer schedules
• Ensures accurate and timely data collection to provide crop estimates for budget planning, post-set estimate, and veraison adjustment
• Management of crop data and historical farming data
• Monitors the vineyards for disease and pest problems as well as nutritional deficiencies.
• Manages equipment maintenance, operation and safety.
• Vineyard development as directed.
• Work closely with crew leaders and Vineyard Accounting team to ensure the timely and accurate collection of payroll data that tracks employee hours worked by task and location.
• Ensures proper safety and job-related training of staff
• Maintains proper farming practices in spray and fertilization programs
• Manages vineyard expenses within budget guidelines
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum 4-5 years of vineyard management experience
• Some college level viticultural coursework a plus
• Excellent knowledge of viticulture and a general knowledge of winemaking practices and cycles.
• Thorough knowledge of viticulture practices and experience in vineyard planning and development.
• Experience managing and motivating employees to meet quality, production and safety standards established by the company.
• Committed to work long hours and many weekends during harvest and other times of heavy workloads.
• Communicate with other vineyard managers, labor contractor personnel, equipment managers and Pest Control Advisors in an effective and professional manner.
• Experience in the operation and maintenance of farm equipment including machine harvesters as well as ATV and utility machines.
• Experience with sprayer calibration, irrigation systems and pump stations
• Commitment to safety excellence and producing work of the highest quality.
• Fluent in field English/Spanish but preferably fully bilingual, both oral and written
• Active PCA License with appropriate categories is a plus
• Computer skills required: Word, Excel, Accounting software and Outlook
• Travel requirements: Limited to local; valid driver’s license and ability to be insured by the company’s insurance provider.
Must be able to hike uneven terrain in vineyards, work in all
weather conditions year-round, lift and carry up to 50 lbs. Must
be able to stand, bend and twist frequently Must have the ability
to work any schedule (including early daytime, late nights and
weekends). Significant (not every) Saturday work is required as
labor management and farming demands.
The physical requirements listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and key responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and key responsibilities.