Extension Viticulture Program Specialist Position – Texas Hill Country
Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Viticulture and Fruit Lab
259 Business Court
Fredericksburg, TX 78624
The Department of Horticultural Sciences at Texas A&M University is seeking applications for and Extension Viticulture Program Specialist for the Texas Hill Country located in Fredericksburg, Texas. The successful candidate for this position will work collaboratively with industry professionals, county Extension educators and colleagues in Horticultural Sciences and related disciplines to:
- Develop and present Extension educational programs and materials (prospective wine grower workshops, “tailgate” educational events, field days, short courses, newsletters, fact sheets, trade journal articles, etc.) and applied research in commercial wine grape production for Hill Country geographic region of Texas.
- Assist growers in wine grape production via telephone, electronic communications, and on-site visits to vineyards within the state, notifying appropriate county Extension agents and colleague(s) of support activities when appropriate.
- *Support and implement applied research in targeted aspects of commercial wine grape production as determined by the extension horticulture project leader and local Extension grape advisory committee.
- Cooperate with Extension personnel and other professionals with viticultural responsibilities in Horticultural Sciences, plant pathology, entomology, agricultural economics, and affiliated departments to develop educational opportunities and partnerships for program delivery.
- Work closely with growers and professional organizations including with the Texas Hill Country Wineries Association, the Texas Wine and Grape Growers Association, and the Texas Department of Agriculture to develop educational events to move the industry forward.
- Support County Extension Agents, as needed, in developing educational programs in wine grape production.
The position can be viewed and applied for at:
For more information, contact search committee chair Jim Kamas by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 830.990.4046 or 512.216.9897