Merry Cellars Winery
February 22, 2021
1300 NE Henley Ct.
Pullman, WA 99163
Merry Cellars Winery
This full time position is responsible for overseeing the day to day organization and execution of winemaking activities for our 5,000-case winery. The position requires a mixture of managerial, laboratory, customer service and communications skills. Compensation is DOE.
– Supervising day to day production operations including harvest,
barrel management, bottling, equipment preparation and sanitation
as well as organization of the production and barrel room.
– Assist with grape receiving, processing, crushing, pressing and assorted operations during harvest.
– Participate in wine tasting and blending trials throughout all stages of the winemaking process while responsible for working with the lead winemaker to evaluate and recommend proper treatments as needed.
– Responsible for training, supervising, and mentoring all harvest interns and any other help in the production room during harvest and/or bottling.
– Provide ongoing instruction, education and support as assigned to interns.
– Work with the lead winemaker to curate blends and ensure wines are developing desirable characteristics.
– Contribute ideas and provide support to the lead winemaker and production staff.
– Run educational tastings and tours of the facility as when needed.
– Assist in the continuous improvement of winemaking procedures.
– Assist in data management, keeping track of daily tasks and record keeping.
– Be available for weekend and evening winery events that require interaction with customers.
– Occasional shifts in the tasting room.
– Responsible for outside sales locally (Pullman, Moscow, Lewiston, Clarkston, Spokane).
Desired Skills & Experience
– Pursuing or completed a degree in Viticulture, Enology, Wine
Business Management, Chemistry or a related field.
– Experience in a winery and understand the winemaking process.
– Strong organizational, teambuilding and problem solving skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
– Excellent time management.
– Lift and carry up to 50 pounds, work on and around ladders, uneven flooring, in hot, cold and wet environments.
– Available to work a varied schedule during harvest season as needed.
– Positive attitude.
– Fast learner.
– Experience in OrderPort point of sale software, Vintrace winery management software, Adobe Creative Suite.
– Tasting room / hospitality / customer service experience.
– Experience running social media, specifically Instagram & Facebook.
– Forklift certified.
– Some kitchen / foodservice experience.
– Wet chemistry experience.