Nomination for the Extension Distinction Award
The nomination process includes the following requirements:
- A brief (not to exceed 500 words) letter indicating the reason for nominating this individual. This letter should identify the major contributions on which the nomination is based and explain why the nominee is especially qualified to receive this award. Each of the following criteria should be addressed in the statement:
- A noteworthy career in viticulture or enology extension education leading to an effective program of significant impact in the grape and wine industry.
- Outstanding and innovative activities, projects, and/or methods that brought substantial and desirable changes in the grape and wine industry in the nominee’s state or district.
- Other major contributions, activities, and services to the wine or grape industry in the area of extension of information.
- Demonstrated leadership in enology or viticulture extension activities.
- Nominee’s curriculum vitae (optional)
- Letters of support may be requested by the ad hoc selection committee if deemed necessary for evaluation of a candidate.
- Nominees not selected for the award in the year of the initial nomination shall be kept on file for automatic consideration again the next year, without requiring re-nomination.
Deadline: Submit nominations through November 1.