Best Paper Awards Committee
Submitted to board at January meeting.
To review and reward the best papers in enology and in viticulture published by AJEV in a given calendar year. The goal of the committee is to select the two papers (enology and viticulture) that represent the greatest contribution to their fields as recommendations to the Board of Directors for approval. Each best paper receives a monetary award to be shared among the authors. Each author is also awarded a plaque, complimentary National Conference registration, and an invitation to the Board of Directors dinner held at the conference site. A plaque is presented at the ASEV National Conference in June to those authors who attend. The awarded papers are also designated as such and are made freely available on the AJEVOnline website.
- Patty Skinkis (Chair), Oregon State University, Corvallis
- Lindsay Jordan, E. & J. Gallo Winery, California
- Kevin Ker, Brock University, Canada
- Russell Moss, Cornell University, New York
- Merilark Padgett-Johnson, Santa Rosa Junior College, California
- Leticia Chacón-Rodríguez, Safe Harbor Wines, California
- Scott Dwyer, Chemeketa Community College, Oregon
- Joe Shirley, Trinchero Family Estates, California
- David Sorokowsky, E. & J. Gallo Winery, California